Free ebook offer: The End of the World, Plan B: A Guide for the Future November 08 2018
FREE EBOOK FOR NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS
Environmental decline, political gridlock, war and rumors of war, decadence, and immorality. The End of the World, Plan B traces the idea of the end, or destruction, of the world through a number of spiritual traditions. It shows that our present understanding of the “end game” has been distorted by a modern emphasis and demand on justice as the ultimate good. As an alternative to this self-destructive approach, Charles Shirō Inouye shows that in these traditions, justice is not the isolated end in itself that we ought strive for; rather it is taught in tandem with its balancing companion: compassion. Plan B is a hopeful alternative to our fears about how things are going.
“Inouye reminds us that justice is not enough and that obedience is not the currency of salvation. He urges us to recognize the limits of the law, to see that, severed from a willingness to compassionately suffer with the world’s imperfection and evanescence, our righteous hunger for balancing life's books will destroy us all.” — Adam S. Miller
DID YOU KNOW? Amazon pays authors and publishers roughly half the royalty percentage on ebooks compared to other services such as Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo. Please consider increasing your support for independent authors and independent publishing by switching from Kindle to Apple Books (iBooks), Nook, or Kobo. Thank you!
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD
**Ebook file must be downloaded onto a laptop or desktop computer. After downloading, you can transfer the file to your ebook reader, tablet, or smartphone app.**
1. Enter your email address in the form below to sign up for our newsletter and receive a welcome email with instructions (check your junk mail if you do not see it). If you are already a newsletter subscriber, you should have received an email with this free ebook offer and instructions to download.
2. Click the here to open the ebook page on our website. Select which ebook format you wish to download (Kindle, Apple, Nook/Kobo). The price will show as $13.95 but will change to $0.00 as you complete these steps.
3. Click Add to Cart.
4. Click Checkout.
5. On the Customer Information page, fill out your name and address information. Enter the discount code that you received. The discount code will reduce the price of the book to $0.00.
6. Click Continue to Payment Method. You will not be required to enter payment info. DO NOT ENTER ANY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.
7. Click Complete Order. You will be emailed a link to download the ebook along with instructions for transferring the ebook file to an e-reader device or tablet/smartphone app (check your junk mail if you do not see it).
Note: Once you have downloaded your ebook, it will be on your computer's hard drive, most likely in the "Downloads" folder. Kindle format will end with ".mobi." All other formats will end with ".epub."