Free ebook offer: Dead Wood and Rushing Water: Essays on Mormon Faith, Culture, and Family June 05 2018
FREE EBOOK FOR NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS
For over a decade, Boyd Petersen has been an active voice in Mormon studies and thought. In essays that steer a course between apologetics and criticism, striving for the balance of what Eugene England once called the “radical middle,” he explores various aspects of Mormon life and culture—from the Dream Mine near Salem, Utah, to the challenges that Latter-day Saints of the millennial generation face today.
"Petersen should be considered among the preeminent essayists of this moment in Mormon history.” — Mark Brown, BYU Studies Quarterly
STEPS TO DOWNLOAD
**Ebook file must be downloaded onto a laptop or desktop computer. After download, the file can be transferred to your ebook reader, tablet, or smartphone app. If you are already a newsletter subscriber, you should have received an email with this free ebook offer and instructions to download.**
1. Enter your email address in the form below to sign up for our newsletter and receive a welcome email with instructions. If you do not see this email, check your spam, junk mail, or promotions folder.
2. Click the link in the welcome email to go to the book page on our website. Select which ebook format you wish to download (Kindle, Nook/Kobo, Apple). The price will show as $9.99, but will be changed to $0.00 as you complete these steps.
3. Click Add to Cart.
4. Click Checkout.
5. On the Customer Information page, fill out your name and address information. Enter the discount code that you received in your welcome email. The discount code will reduce the price of the book to $0.00.
6. Click Continue to Payment Method. You will not be required to enter payment info.
7. Click Complete Order. You will be emailed a link to download the ebook along with instructions for transfering the ebook file to an ereader device or tablet/smartphone app (check your spam, junk email, or promotions folder in your email inbox if you do not see it).
Note: Once you have downloaded your ebook, it will be on your computer's hard drive, most likely in the "Downloads" folder. For example, if you downloaded the ebook in Kindle format, the file name will be "Dead Wood and Rushing Water_AMAZON.mobi."
On the third day of Kofford: 30% off personal essay titles! December 03 2016
To get the 30% discount, simply enter the code OURSTORIES (all caps) in the discount code box at check-out.
All personal essay titles are 30% off on December 3rd. These special prices are only available for one day, so don't wait!
Orders over $50 qualify for free shipping. Also, local Utah customers can opt to pick up their order directly from our office in Sandy (select this option under the shipping menu).
For more information about the Twelve Days of Kofford holiday sales, click here.
Dead Wood and Rushing Water: Essays on Mormon Faith, Culture, and Family
Mr. Mustard Plaster and Other Mormon Essays
His lecture, “Mormonism's All Seeing I: The Personal Essay and the Search for Truth,” invokes the legacy of Mormonism's great essayist Eugene England, exploring not just the balance between faith and the critical demands of rigorous scholarship but on the kinds of selves we uncover and create through self-narration and the cultivation of narrative voice. Boyd's writing takes up the legacy of Gene England's project—in its vulnerability and honesty, its generosity and warmth, and in its internal tensions.
The lecture is free and open to the public, and light refreshments will be available.