Neylan McBaine’s Women at Church: Magnifying LDS Women’s Local Impact available August 28th! August 12 2014
by Neylan McBaine
Paperback, 211 pages
Order yours here!
(This title will also be available in various e-book formats)
Greg Kofford Books is pleased to announce the forthcoming release of Neylan McBaine’s long-anticipated Women at Church: Magnifying LDS Women's Local Impact, available in paperback and e-book August 28th, 2014.
With discussions about women's participation and roles in LDS leadership becoming more frequent and visible, Women at Church describes active and vibrant conversations, modest but meaningful and sometimes creative changes at the local level to increase gender-cooperation. This book presents faithful LDS women working not against but with Church leaders in a spirit of cooperation to increase the voice, influence, participation, and utilization of women in our wards and stakes.
Early reviews of Women at Church have praised its thoughtfulness and its timeliness:
- “In her timely and brilliant findings, Neylan McBaine issues a gracious invitation to rethink our assumptions about women’s public Church service. Well researched, authentic, and respectful of the current Church administrative structure, McBaine shares exciting and practical ideas that address diverse needs and involve all members in the meaningful work of the Church.” — Camille Fronk Olson, BYU Professor of Religious Education and author of Women of the Old Testament and Women of the New Testament (Deseret Book).
- “Neylan McBaine’s voice is uniquely important. She speaks as a unifier, knowledgeable of gender issues and attentive to all perspectives.” — Margaret Blair Young, co-author of Standing on the Promises.
- “Such a timely, faithful, and practical book! I suggest ordering this book in bulk to give to your bishopric, stake presidency, and all your local leadership to start a conversation on changing Church culture for women by letting our doctrine suggest creative local adaptations—Neylan McBaine shows the way!” — Valerie Hudson Cassler, author of Women in Eternity, Women of Zion.
- “A pivotal work replete with wisdom and insight.” — Fiona Givens, co-author of The God Who Weeps: How Mormonism Makes Sense of Life.
- “With her keen insights, Neylan McBaine has emerged as a leading voice in a necessary conversation. Women at Church brings attention to gender issues while offering innovative solutions. A truly remarkable resource that belongs in every Latter-day Saint home!” — Juliann Reynolds, co-founder and member of the Board of Directors of FairMormon.
- “The book is accessible and offers a way forward for faithful seekers to highlight the contributions of women in the Church and empower all people in the spirit of equity in the Gospel of Christ.” — Lindsay Hansen Park, founder of the Feminist Mormon Housewives Podcast.